Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Brent Corrigan Andbrent Everett

Share bone

For my father - which I repeated it regularly as a kid - the world was divided into two groups as clearly distinct qu'étanches "there, he said, those who perform and those who empty. "The first time he sent me these few words, hit the seal of the irrevocable, I have absolutely nothing to understand what he meant. It was, I learned very quickly, lavatories as they were called once. Where did he get this "wisdom" hardcore parable of class struggle? Army undoubtedly, his military service in 1956, Tekbalet Ain, Algeria, that dreaded chore of latrines of the soldiers. Conservative without qualms, this axiom does not rebel, on the contrary. Sure how to deal a world backed this assumption, it was accepted as an inevitability that it was for everyone to have and had invested all its efforts in an attempt to aggregate the first of these categories . As an adolescent about me, I began to pay more interest to other partitions, such as operated by Louis Aragon - this is just one example - between "those who believed in heaven and those who did not. "

Father (Ayn Tekbalet, July 1956)

Maybe I've kept it all in any one Boolean vision of the world and its surroundings. So can I say today to the children that I have not that it is divided from my point of view between those who like Hank Williams and those who do not like not. It looks like a narrow vision? I do not care! With the support of Kris Kristofferson seems to have made singing a prerequisite to all trade with its neighbors, and its future, I feel even more entitled to the guarantee them:



I dig Bobby Dylan and I dig Johnny Cash
And I think Waylon Jennings Is A table thumpin 'smash And hearin
' Joni Mitchell Feels as good as smokin 'grass
And if you do not like Hank Williams Honey, You Can kiss my ass

Bob Dylan and Johnny kicks my Cash Waylon Jennings
delights me is really a slap giant
Play Joni Mitchell is like smoking a good firecracker
And if you do not like Hank Williams, honey, go and make you see

Kris Kristofferson If You Do not Like Hank Williams
(translation Corbin Hubert and FB)

Of Hank Williams, said everything was undoubtedly his musical training at his untimely death due, said we, a heart attack, his yodeling, borrowed from Jimmie Rodgers, in his excessive consumption of alcohol and amphetamines, his sensational debut at the Grand Ole Opry in 1949 excluding ensuing in 1952 for "conduct inconsistent with the reputation of the institution. "
I would venture to say simply that, even today, the incarnation, perfect in my eyes, what have been, should and will perhaps one day, popular music. That its best songs, which continue to waltz between the ridiculous and grace, the modern and the antiquated, bespeak a world where men do not divide, where their condition is painful when they arrive home through wind, small dolls clay shaped into darkness, where all return to dust, whether or not "those who sang under torture" and "those who fill" or "those who empty them. "


(Georgina, Alabama, undated)
Hank Williams in Concert at the back of a truck in his hometown.
Foremost, Audrey, his wife appears with sunglasses. Hank Williams Boyhood
© Home & Museum

For Cadillac, popular music, that's it!



0 comments:

Post a Comment