Tuesday, November 1, 2005

Anatomy For Beginners Sennis

Too young, too late ...

I just close it - after having finished reading, he will without saying - the latest book by Alain Gerber , Lady Day, Stories of love dedicated to "the greatest singer in the history of Afro-American of the twentieth century, Billie Holiday, for those who did not understand. I must admit I went into the 600 pages backward until I felt filled with the feeling that the author of Fiesta in Blue, wrote too much, too much too soon released, he had engaged in a process case of his dozens of years of jazz, thousands of radio included in its count of theft, articles, liner notes and so on ... I was wrong. I was wrong language conducted myself as the most unworthy of prosecutors, such Voroshilov, I hastily tried and feel compelled today to contrition. If Lady Day ... is not, strictly speaking, a great book, it is nevertheless incredibly documented and demonstrated the sensitivity of these qualities of empathy that we had Alain Gerber used for and who time remained as vivid as before. It said.

Billie Holiday has gone to join Lester Young ten days before my first birthday. Who can imagine the jams they give all these poor people - lucky in these conditions - which have already found the way to heaven? Which audience! And fans! In it you want? In here! Just think ... Even the angels, to whom one does not yet have had to stay babas. Limit jealous! Perhaps they have even begun to look with new eyes all those who would not fail to arrive in the coming centuries. You bet! Good surprises like Lester and his Lady, that does not happen every day! Be patient ...! They were probably disappointed, still bitter, of course ...

Example
Too young

As for me, with a little luck, my turn will come. How could it be otherwise? I await repair. When she came to sing in Paris in 1958, I had been born and did not attend the concert. From that side, my parents were not very smart, never in the right place where it never happens. My mother, I imagine it falling from the sky when reading these lines, we will defend lived in Montpellier, we were not rich and all that ... I think at half. My father, he lived upstairs, above the concert hall, a free place offered by the caretaker placed on the buffet, it would not come down. It's not all. If he had took my mother to this recital of Billie Holiday, she would not today not to leave the nose of the French chanson, Cabrel, Alain Souchon, Delerm, all those guys who only dream at the bottom that make the bag and which, for anything, not admitting it. And then, like the bagpipe, it's too good for them. Anyway, when I go to the concert - the real music we hear well - or hard rock or punk - and I see kids, prams, strollers, kangaroos, I'm green with envy retrospective patient.

Phyllis Dillon , course, is not Billie Holiday. Nobody Billie Holiday Billie Holiday. But no one will hold it against him. Phyllis Dillon has never been her own. And as for all people subject to this condition - or even be just - it probably was not funny every day. Spinoza said, it seems, need to persevere in his being. Should we have a choice! A cat he would apologize for being a cat, he would try to be something else? Not a chance. And we humans, something other than monsters?

Example
Too late

We will demonstrate to the career Phyllis Dillon, three discs in all and for everything from "compilation" that loses its Latin, then disappeared, and late comeback before the disease catches up. That ungrateful success, the public. Not a gift. Prefers the dead flowers on the graves. All Saints musicians, it's every day. And I am no better myself, with my old stuff, not interested in music today, alive.

you like the chrysanthemums? Here are three. For Phyllis. Take this and dance on it ...

Blind Test Day
Blind test of September 24, 2005
Pick A Ball Of Cotton - Leadbelly - Midnight Special

0 comments:

Post a Comment