Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Leg Pain And Melonoma

Messenger heart

In the very large number of letters - telepathic, alas ! - Received as a result of my last shipment (see, Charlie Feathers), faithful users ... Cadillac essentially asking me what could well be the time and place "where I would rather be than here and now. "Their request seems so legitimate that I feel compelled to answer them, in part at least. Here is the list is not exhaustive, places and times where I would be events where I would have liked to attend or to which I would have liked to be one of the actors, so I was also heavily and fatally myself.

So would I like

  • Living in Dakar in the 60s and 70s. And Addis Ababa, during the same period.
  • Spending a few days in the basement of this house, near Woodstock, which came out - no one knows how - Basement Tapes
  • Become friends with Billie Holiday . Tighten against my heart
  • Smoking a little herb with Lester Young
  • Match with Erik Satie (who never opened his mail)
  • Joining the trio Lightnin 'Hopkins ...
  • Owning a jazz club in New York in the 40 and 50
  • Playing football with Duke Reid and Clement "Coxon" Dodd
However, I was very happy to be on 13 Last September, a Tuesday evening, General Food, bar and restaurant in the rue Jean-Pierre Timbaud where twice per month, the friend Aduna in charge of music programming, has come to share its treasures. We met, chatted, justified the existence of beer. The cook, Senegalese, we even offered an assortment of small entries, exotic tapas, spicy carrots, potatoes and cumin marinated squid with lemon ...

Example
Aduna (earth, world, Wolof )

Finally, there was music, Bembeya Jazz National , Ghana Soundz , Orchestra Baobab ... Incomparable. From beginning to end. Ballads cut the breath and voices as if God whispered to you that you forgive, it is up to you to be happy ... So that's what I did, I was happy.

Wherever you are, paradise it is here ...
Blind Test Day
Blind Test September 16
My Rifle, My Pony And Me Dean Martin & • Ricky Nelson in My Rifle, My Pony and Me

0 comments:

Post a Comment